Use stencils to redecorate your room. Simply select your favourite KidzColour, print a stencil, cut out and start painting!
Add your favourite pictures, designs or shapes to the walls and create themed walls in next to no time. Here's how...
1. Find or make the stencil you want to use. Stencil pictures can be downloaded from this page, traced onto light cardboard and cut out to get you started. Tape the stencil to the wall using low tack masking tape.
2. Once you've got your stencil, dip your brush into your chosen paint colour. Dab the brush on a paper towel to get rid of any extra paint then place your brush at the edge of the stencil opening and apply the paint by dabbing the surface lightly or moving the brush in a circular motion.
3. Repeat step two until you get the colour intensity you desire.
You can also stencil using a roller. Instead of step 2 and 3 above...
2. Get a small roller, moisten it with water and squeeze it between paper towels to dry the excess water off leaving a very slightly damp roller.
3. Put a small amount of the paint colour you plan to use on a paper plate or in a flat bottomed low-sided container. Roll the roller through the paint and then onto a clean part of the plate or container (or use a separate sheet of paper) to ensure the paint is distributed evenly on the roller. Roll back and forwards across the cut-out area of the stencil. Make sure you roll in several different directions to get the best coverage.
To see a stencil as a line drawing click on one of its links. To print the drawing click on the printer in the top bar.
Where the stencil has a shape inside a shape you can either
leave a narrow piece of the stencil uncut to hold the interior shape
onto the stencil, you can cut out the interior shape and place it in
the correct location as you are using the stencil or you can add the
inner shape by painting another colour by freehand later. Alternatively
you can leave out the interior shape and use the outline of the stencil
to create a blocked stencil finish.
You will need the free Acrobat Reader to open the pdf. Download Acrobat Reader.
There's lots of other stuff you can find to keep you busy...
Colours shown on this website are a representation only. Please refer to the actual paint or product sample. Resene colour charts, testpots and samples are available for ordering online. See measurements/conversions for more details on how electronic colour values are achieved.
|Australia: PO Box 924, Beenleigh, Queensland 4207
Phone: 1800 738 383. Fax: 1800 064 960
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Web: www.resene.com.au
|New Zealand: PO Box 38242, Wellington Mail Centre, Lower Hutt 5045
Phone: +64 (4) 577 0500, 0800 RESENE (737 363), Fax: (04) 577 0600
Email: email@example.com. Web: www.resene.co.nz